Sunday 13 September 2009

The Body Beautiful








Las Vegas - September 2009 was the venue for this years` Mr Olympia.















This project has been a real challenge for me mainly because of the constraints and boundaries imposed by my collaborator and target audience. Those familiar with my work will recognise my need for vivid colour and extreme colour combinations and elaborations.
In this project I have found myself struggling sometimes to focus on the core of the required image and not necessarily attempt to achieve the
overall artisitic projectory that I naturally strive for. There have been times when I have felt the need to "water down" my creative pallete and that has not come easy to me.
I have however, enjoyed this project and the challenges it brings to my creativity, stretching my abilities as an artist, calling for constraints and steering me into artistic areas I would otherwise not have ventured into. Art and creativity is about learning different things and learning to familiarise yourself with alien attributes and visually diverse methods of achieving images to not only satisfy others but to be proud of yourself. Education is a wonderful thing and I hope to continue to improve and flourish in the never-ending flavours I have tentatively tasted in this latest project.
Original photographs taken in Las Vegas.
































Photo manipulation project for new scheme of work. The body beautiful enhanced and manipulated using technology and my own artwork as a source of inspiration.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.